Happy Valentine’s Day!
Without planning it ahead of time, the last two garments I made ended up pairing so well together! They also make a great Valentine’s Day outfit! I love this blush pink color, have for a while now, so it’s no coincidence that this worked out. I can’t resist this lovely color!
I made up the Perkins Shirt designed by Ensemble Patterns and paired it with Workroom Social’s newest fabric collaboration launch, Arcs in Blush and Black Rayon.
Can we talk about how luxurious this rayon fabric is? The drape! The matte finish! It’s really good. It sewed up beautifully and feels so nice on the body. To help spread the word about the launch, workroom social sent me two yards of fabric, and after leaving the decision as to what to make with it up to my friends on Instagram, the Perkins Shirt won the vote.
Oh, the Perkins Shirt! I love this pattern!! I’m all about cropped tops and the details in this pattern are excellent! It gives off a very edgy, yet cool vibe. I will definitely be making more in the future! I added 1″ from the cropped option to get this length on my top, no other alterations were made.
Moving along! I have been wanting to make the Fulton Sweater Blazer ever since it came out, and this seemed like a great opportunity to finally get a chance at it. The pattern itself was pretty straight forward, the trickiest part being the collar. I watched Alina’s sew-along video for the collar and it was very helpful. It’s totally doable, but keep in mind it might take a few goes to get it just right (it did for me anyways!). The fabric I used is a little slippery to work with so this might have also added to the struggle I had.
These past 6 months I have been lucky enough to be an ambassador for Measure Fabric, and for this sponsored post I requested a few yards of their blush double knit fabric to make a Fulton Sweater Blazer, pattern designed by Alina Design Co. This fabric has a really great weight to it, on the medium to heavy side. It also has a sleek feel to it with a slight sheen giving it a bit of a dressed up feel to it.
I sewed up a size 2, added about 1″ to the shorter version (I’m 5′ 5″) and omitted the front patch pockets, mostly due to the difficulty of the slippery knit fabric. I gave the pockets a go, but without my trusty wonder tape, the pockets shifted a lot during the topstitching process and I couldn’t get the front to lay smoothly. I may add them on later, but I kind of like how it looks with out them, too!
That’s all I have for you today! Thanks for reading along, and thank you to Measure Fabric and Workroom Social for providing the fabric for this post! Happy sewing!
This is a sponsored post, yet all opinions are my own.